Neighborhood Park and Playground
Mott Park Playground, located in the middle of the neighborhood, connects to the Mott Park Recreation Area.
Mott Park is a part of the city program called Adopt-a-Park through Keep Genesee County Beautiful. This is our 5th year participating with this program and we have seen some good things come from the support of our neighbors and local community.
- Park benches and tennis courts have been repaired.
- Old equipment was painted and cleaned up.
- A new playscape was installed two years ago, and new mulch was added.
This year we are hoping to make the following improvements:
- Removal of some of the older playground equipment.
- Installation of new swings.
- New ground cover for the area around the rocket.
- Removal of brush around the tennis courts.
The date for our Annual Spring Cleanup April 28th from 9am-12pm. Please come and join us to make sure we can keep our park clean and safe for our kids.
The park is mowed 12 times a year, June through September, through the city contractor. When we have issues or inconsistency we try and communicate with the city about the park and playground.
Mott Park is a great neighborhood because of the neighbors that have volunteered their time to keep our streets and parks clean. If you are interested in helping or would like to hear about volunteer opportunities please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.