The Genesee County Habitat for Humanity (GCHFH) Water Assurance Program helps safeguard homeowners from the negative effects of the Flint Water Crisis. To be eligible for this United Way funded program, the homeowner must submit a complete application package, which includes a completed application and the requested documents listed on the following page. To submit the application package call (810)766-9089 ext.213 and make an appointment.
- Replacement of all faucets and shower heads manufactured before 2014
- Sprite Slim-line 2 shower filter on each shower head
- Under the sink 3m water filter
- Applicant(s) must own a property within the City of Flint.
- The property must be owner-occupied and the primary residence for a minimum of 18 months.
- The property must be an eligible property. Eligible properties are Single Family Residences (SFR)
- Condominiums or townhomes, multi-family dwellings (apartment buildings, duplexes, tri-plexes, etc.), homes used as rental units, boats and recreational vehicles (RV’s) are not eligible.
- Homeowner(s) must be current with the following:
- Mortgage loan payment (if homeowner is still making payments)
- Water bill
- Property taxes
- Must have had water tested in the last 30 days and have a lead level at or above 5ppb
- Household income must be below 120% of the area median income (AMI) for Genesee County as indicated by the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) or have lead levels exceeding the Federal Action Level of 15ppb
- Homeowners that do not qualify can still receive a shower head filter
Homeowner Income Eligibility-is based upon the number of household members and total household income and must be less than or equal to 120% of Area Median Income (AMI) as provided by the U. S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) as shown in the following chart.
*(Chart eligibility is updated periodically and may not reflect current limits)
|2016 Gross Annual Income Limit||$44,250||$50,550||$56,850||$63,150||$68,250||$73,275|
For questions for additional information, please contact us at:
101 Burton Street, Flint, MI 48503 • (810) 766-9089 ext. 213 • firstname.lastname@example.org