A Community Center for Mott Park Neighborhood and Recreation Area
A small, multi-use community center serving neighborhood residents through arts, nature, and athletic activities in a physical space that supports community life and identity as a focal point for the vibrant urban neighborhood of Mott Park.
Year-round activities include:
- arts programing for all ages, kids to seniors
- nature activities programing utilizing the Mott Park Recreation Area space
- Exercise, yoga, and judo classes
- meeting and office space for the Mott Park Neighborhood Association and the Mott Park Recreation Area
- rental availability for special events
The Mott Park Golf Course closed in 2010. The building has received little investment since then. The roof is in bad shape. It needs a whole new HVAC system. About 15 windows were broken by local youth.
The City of Flint has agreed to lease the building to the Mott Park Recreation Association in order to turn it into a community center. The city will cover some of the utility costs so that we can focus our fundraising on the bigger issues.
Would you partner with us to create a space where neighbors can gather for educational, nature, and athletic programming?
Total to open the building: $25,000
Donations can be made by mailing a check to:
Treasurer, Mott Park Recreation Association, 1001 DuPont Street, Flint, MI 48504-4822